50tg softened butter
3 egg whites
3 egg yolks
225g plain yogurt
lemon zest of 2 lemons
175g sifted self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
For the icing:
100g sifted icing sugar
1. Line the base of cake tin with baking paper.
2. Beat together the sugar, butter, egg yolks, yoghurt and lemon in a bowl until smooth.
3. Gently fold in the sifted flour and baking powder.
4. Whisk the egg whites to a peak and fold in to the flour mixture, pour into the prepared cake tin.
5. Bake in the pre-heated oven to 180ºc until well risen and firm to the touch.
6. Peel off the parchment after cooling in the tin for a few minutes then leave to cool on a wire rack.
7. Meanwhile, for the icing, mix together the sifted icing sugar and the lemon juice and pour over the cake.
8. Smooth over and leave to set.